These delicious cauliflower tacos are low in calories and high in protein for a unique vegan spin on the fish taco.
Ooh la la is all I can say about these Crispy Coconut-Pumpkin Cauliflower Tacos with Creamy Cabbage Slaw. If you’re addicted to tacos like I am, then you’ll be so happy that I created this cauliflower taco recipe. You may even dance a jig!
Cauliflower tacos are the rave on the Internet. If you Google the term, you’ll find dozens of recipes to choose from. My recipe was actually adapted from a cauliflower taco recipe posted on Veggie Inspired Journey. Although I’ve never tried her recipe, it looked so delicious I had to create my own version. And I’m so glad I did.
I created this cauliflower taco recipe while recovering from a back injury. I twisted my body in some weird way the other day and ended up with a really bad pulled muscle in my lower back. I’ve been laid up for about 3 days now and the only thing I’ve managed to do is post a couple of recipes. Although I don’t need a back injury as an excuse to post recipes, it helps when I am lying here recovering to have something to do.
These cauliflower tacos are infused with coconut cream, unsweetened shredded coconut, raw pumpkin seeds and a number ot tasty spices for a delicious combination that will make your taste buds very happy. I topped them with Creamy Cabbage Slaw (see recipe below) and my Smoky Homemade Chipotle Sauce.
The recipe makes enough for about 8 tacos, so you’ll have plenty of left-overs for lunch the next day. Or if you have a big family, you can easily double the recipe and have enough to serve 8 people. However you decide to do it, these Crispy Coconut-Pumpkin Cauliflower Tacos with Creamy Cabbage Slaw are a perfect recipe idea for lunch or dinner any day of the week.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. See you in the kitchen!
- 1 large head cauliflower sliced into florets with stem
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk use top fat portion only
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 8 organic corn tortillas
- 1 medium avocado sliced for garnish
- 1 fresh lime sliced for garnish
- 2 cups purple cabbage chopped
- 1/4 cup Vegenaise
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat over to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together coconut milk and lime juice in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Add breadcrumbs, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, garlic powder, cumin, onion powder, turmeric, sea salt and paprika to food processor. Pulse for 1 minute to blend all ingredients. Pour into another medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Line up your breading station in the following order: wet ingredients, dry ingredients, baking sheet.
- Dip a slice of cauliflower in coconut-lime batter making sure all sides are well-coated. Next place cauliflower in dry breadcrumb mixture, flipping until all sides are coated evenly.
- Transfer cauliflower to baking sheet and repeat until all cauliflower is prepped and placed on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 60 minutes, depending upon the heat of your oven. Cauliflower is ready when it is fork-tender. While the cauliflower is baking, make the Creamy Cabbage Slaw.
- Mix together cabbage, Vegenaise, lemon and sea salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place a tortilla on plate. Top with roasted cauliflower, a bit of Creamy Cabbage Slaw and a dollop of my Smoky Homemade Chipotle Sauce. Garnish with fresh avocado slices and a squirt of fresh lime.