Loaded with vitamins and minerals and high in fiber, these Raw Vegan Fruitastic Breakfast Bowls are the perfect breakfast choice after holiday over-indulgence.
I’m just settling down from a day of cooking, food styling and food photography and now, blogging. It was a quiet Christmas for me but also a day of reflection. I chose to stay home as I didn’t want to go anywhere where I would see non-vegan food, aka dead animals. Instead I prepared these beautiful breakfast bowls loaded with healthy phytonutrients and antioxidants and then cooked a healthy dinner of Vegan Mushroom & Sweet Potato Wellington with Date Garlic Dijon and Thyme with cranberries and roasted veggies. More on this later.
I have a confession to make. Lately, I tend to skip breakfast. What, a health nut who skips breakfast? I know, I’m beside myself about this. But before you scold me, know that I’ve made a resolution to change my ways for the New Year. And since I had all this gorgeous fruit in my fridge I decided what better day to make these fruitastic breakfast bowls than Christmas.
What’s in These Gorgeous Breakfast Bowls?
I’m so glad you asked! These Raw Vegan Fruitastic Breakfast Bowls are overflowing with goodness. Here’s a list of some of the ingredients and their health benefits:
- Medjool Dates – high in potassium, dietary fiber and low in fat. You can’t get any better than that.
- Pineapple – packed with a wealth of nutrients, vitamins and minerals including potassium, copper, manganese, magnesium, vitamin C, beta carotene and more.
- Cantaloupe – scores high for potassium and a host of B vitamins as well as vitamin K, magnesium and fiber.
- Raspberries – rich in vitamins, antioxidants and fiber, raspberries also have a high concentration of ellagic acid, a phenolic compound that prevents cancer.
- Blueberries – sweet, nutritious and among the world’s most powerful sources of antioxidants, Often referred to as a “superfood”.
- Envy Apples – very sweet, ruby red, with a classic flavor and a firm, crunchy texture. Packed with antioxidants, flavonoids and fiber. My favorite apple in the world!
- Pomegranate Seeds – the juice from these ruby-red seeds contain antioxidants at higher levels that other fruit juices. Purporters say the juice may block or slow the buildup of cholesterol in the arteries of people who are at high risk for heart disease.
- Sesame Seeds – excellent source of copper, manganese and calcium.
- Prickly Pear Cactus – these little gems are actually large prickly berries growing on the Prickly Pear Cactus. The brightly colored pears are used in juices, jellies, preserves and more. Loaded with antioxidants and fiber, purporters of this little berry believe the juice can help treat type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, colitis, diarrhea and aid in prostate health.
It’s been a long day. Thankfully, I made two of these bowls so I will have one tomorrow morning for breakfast. I’m thankful that I’m vegan in a world full of animal cruelty. If you’re on the fence, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll tell you how I went from vegetarian for 20+ years to vegan almost 2 years ago.
If you make these Raw Vegan Fruitastic Breakfast Bowl, please don’t forget to take a photo and tag it #veganvigilante1 on Instagram. I’d love to connect so please also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. I need your support and appreciate you so much for taking the time to read this. Please give me some lovin by sharing your comments after the recipe. I appreciate it more than you know. If you have questions or want to share a recipe of your own as a guest blogger, please email me at email@example.com.
I have tons of new recipes I’m preparing to share with you. Please sign up for my newsletter so you don’t miss a recipe. I really appreciate your support and can’t wait to share more recipes with you. I hope you enjoy these Raw Vegan Fruitastic Breakfast Bowls as much as I did.
For more healthy breakfast ideas, visit my Breakfast Section.
Still in a holiday mood? Check out my Holiday Roundups.
Loaded with antioxidants, flavonoids, vitamins and minerals, these Raw Vegan Fruitastic Breakfast Bowls are the perfect dish to serve after a night of over-indulgence.
- 1 large dragon fruit halved, then scooped out with large spoon
- 1 large prickly pear cactus berry (red) peeled and sliced in circles
- 1 med pineapple sliced in half vertically, cut out fruit length-wise and chop in circles
- 1/2 large canteloupe peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 med apple leave skin on, core and slice thinly
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 blueberries
- 1/8 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 8 oz Silk Strawberry Almondmilk Yogurt
- 6 Medjool dates
Prepare all fruit as instructed above. Split fruit evenly between two bowls. Load bowl, first with fruit, then top with sprinkle of sesame & pomegranate seeds and drizzle of Silk Yogurt. Serve immediately. Enjoy!