An easy Mango and Corn Salsa recipe that requires only 8 ingredients that you can make in 10 minutes or less.
- 1 cup fresh mango diced
- 1 ear corn or 1 cup frozen thawed at room temperature
- Juice from 1 large lime
- 1 medium jalapeno seeded (or not) and finely diced
- 1/2 medium red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 medium orange bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro coarsely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic minced or finely diced
- Dice by making slices while still in the skin and them removing with a spoon or knife.
- If using , cut with knife from the cob. If using frozen, measure out and leave at room temperature while preparing the other ingredients.
- Squeeze over small garnish bowl and set juice aside.
- Dice .
- Chop .
- Dice orange . If you don’t have orange, a or green one will do.
- Coarsely chop .
- Mince or chop garlic.
Now, add all ingredients to a medium bowl and toss with juice of fresh lime. Serve immediately or chill for 2 hours prior to serving.
- Any color bell pepper is fine to use.
- This salsa goes great with tacos, chips, or anything to which you’d like to add flavor.
- Salsa will keep up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge.
- This recipe shouldn’t be frozen. It would probably thaw and become too soggy.
- You may substitute parsley for cilantro.
- If you don’t like the heat of fresh jalapeno, remove the seeds before adding to recipe.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Fresh
- Cuisine: Mexican