Tangy cilantro merges with hints of lime, garlic, avocado and cashews in this heavenly Cilantro Lime Avocado Sauce for Tacos.
- 1.5 cups raw, unsalted cashews soaked in boiled hot water for 1 hours or overnight
- 1 ripe avocado pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2–3 large garlic cloves minced
- juice from 1 large lime
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 jalapeno (leaves seeds in if you like it hot)
- 3/4 to 1 cup filtered water
- Soak cashews in water that you brought to a boil and removed from heat for at least 1 hour. If you prefer, you can soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse cashews after soaking.
- Place all ingredients except water in high-speed blender of food processor. Pulse just until combined. Add water, a little at a time. I usually start with 3/4 cup and add more if sauce is too thick.
- Drizzle over your favorite dish and enjoy.
- My cilantro lime avocado sauce is not just for tacos. Use on any dish to which you wish to add more flavor.
- Make sure you process long enough that the cashews are completely blended into the mixture. Chunks of cashews are not cool for this recipe.
- Store in an airtight, glass container or jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Mexican Inspired
Keywords: avocado sauce for tacos, cilantro lime avocado sauce, avocado sauce, vegan sauces, vegan sauces for tacos, avocado sauce