This Avocado Tartine is topped with a dollop of Hot Serbian Ajvar and a fork-full of Two-Toned Spicy Pickled Onions. One bite and you’ll be hooked.
- 8 slices rustic style country bread, levain (or one whole baguette)
- 4 large ripe avocados
- 8 oz Hot Serbian Ajvar (equivalent to one jar)
- 1 jar Two-Toned Spicy Pickled Onions
- sea salt (to taste)
- Toast bread. Set aside.
- Slice avocado in half, length-wise and spread apart. Pop out seed and with large spoon, scoop out avocado and put in medium sized bowl. Mash thoroughly. Add salt to taste. If you’re adventurous, try adding some spices such as fresh dill, tarragon or thyme.
- Spread avocado evenly on toast. Top with a dollop of Hot Serbian Ajvar and a fork-full of pickled onions. Serve immediately.
Please note: the above nutrition label does not include the nutritional information from the Ajvar (69 calories per 2 oz serving) or the Pickled Onions (41 calories for an entire 8 oz jar of pickled onions). Please adjust accordingly.
- Category: Appetizer, Lunch