A rich and creamy sour cream substitute that will make any dish proud.
- 12 oz (350 grams) tofu (silken works best )
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (approx. 1/2 medium sized lemon)
- 2.5 tsp blue agave nectar (or other natural sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water (use only if needed when using firmer tofu)
- Add all ingredients except water to food processor. Pulse until well-blended, about 3 minutes.
- Add water sparingly, just to get the right consistency. If you use firmer tofu, you will have to use more water and vice versa. Pulse until creamy, about 2 more minutes.
- Serve on your favorite dish. Refrigerate left-overs up to a week.