A delicious vegetable shish kebob with a flavorful chimichurri sauce that’ll knock your socks off.
For the Chilean Marinade
- 1/4 cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 large cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning ((or make your own with red pepper, thyme, celery seed, paprika and onion powder))
- 1 tbsp tamari
For the Vegetable Kabobs
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms (de-stemmed )
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 sweet onion (diced into large chunks)
- 1 orange bell pepper (diced into large chunks)
- 8.8 oz cooked beets (about 5 diced into large chunks (I used Love Beets) )
For the Chimichurri Sauce
- 3/4 cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cut up vegetables. Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Add vegetables to large freezer bag. Pour marinade on top of vegetables in bag. Using your hands, mix vegetables and marinade in bag making sure all vegetables are covered. Allow to site for 2-4 hours so that vegetables absorb the flavor of the marinade.
- Place vegetables on bamboo skewers. Cook on barbecue over mesquite wood chunks for 20 minutes, depending upon the heat of your barbecue. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle basil chimichurri sauce over each vegetable kabob. Serve with brown rice and a glass of your favorite red wine.
- Category: Main Dish