I love to wake up to coffee (with Vegan creamer of course) and a new recipe in my head. There’s nothing like getting those creative juices flowing first thing in the morning when you have the most energy. Once again, we’ve been eating heavily the last couple days given that yesterday we ate left-over Vegan Paneer Butter Masala and Vegan Garlic Naan that I made on Sunday night. So to counteract the two heavy meals, I thought I’d create something light that you could prepare for either lunch or a light dinner. Introducing my Plant-Powered Goddess Bowl with Orange-Ginger-Sesame Dressing.
What I like most about making a Goddess Bowl, especially this one, is that it’s so easy to make. Just toss the veggies onto a delightful bed of spinach, create the dressing and whola, you have an entire power bowl meal that’s ready in minutes but will have a lasting effect on your appetite. Yes, I can see this summer salad making it’s way to my next visit with my family. Nothing like inspiring non-vegans with the scrumptious tastes of Veganism.
Another thing I love about this recipe is how the colors compliment one another. Bright oranges, reds, yellows and greens make any plate an artful creation. The flavors of this Goddess Bowl compliment each other as well, especially the sweetness of the mango and the tanginess (I don’t even think that’s a word) of the tomato. Just add the sinfully delicious Orange-Ginger-Sesame Dressing and this meal will definitely be a hit your entire family will enjoy, even the kids.
With summer peaking around the corner, it’s never been a better time to prepare this Plant-Powered Goddess Bowl with Orange-Ginger-Sesame Dressing. It would be a great bring-along to your next summer barbecue or family picnic. At least then you’d have something Vegan to share with any non-vegan family and friends to show them how delicious Veganism can be.
As for Michael and I, we had a picnic today that featured this awesome Goddess Bowl (his idea, not mine). It was so refreshing, I think we’ll have the leftovers for dinner. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. See you in the kitchen!
- 1/2 cup orange juice no pulp
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup Grade A
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic minced or pressed
- 1.5 inches ginger peeled and grated
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 7.5 ounces white (cannelini) beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup clover sprouts
- 1 medium mango peeled and chopped into cubes
- 8 large cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped
- 3/4 medium orange or red bell pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small bunch baby spinach rinsed and stemmed
- 1 tsp sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 tsp dried rosemary for garnish
- Add all ingredients to small bowl or measuring cup. Stir and set aside.
- Line large salad bowl with bed of spinach. Add mango and each vegetable in a separate mound atop the spinach. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and dried rosemary. Add dressing, toss into salad and serve with fresh baked whole wheat rolls.