With these Raw Walnut Tacos, you can make Taco Tuesday absolutely meatless! Yes, it’s true, tacos without meat. And delicious they are, indeed. Top with avocado, onion and some cherry tomatoes and you’ll be sure to go back for seconds and thirds.
Ingredients for the tacos:
2 cups raw walnuts
1 head of Romaine lettuce
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon coriander
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
1/2 teaspoon paprika
black pepper to taste
Ingredients for the garnish:
1 Haas avocado, cubed
1 small pack cherry or grape tomatoes
Handful of fresh parsley
- Wash and drain the lettuce, tomatoes and parsley. Place in colander or on paper towel to dry. Set aside.
- Combine walnuts, spices, balsamic vinegar and coconut aminos in a food processor.
- Pulse several times until fully mixed without over-processing.
- Spread the walnut taco mix generously on top of Romaine lettuce leaves.
- Sprinkle with lime juice. Garnish with avocado, tomatoes, parsley and serve.