A healthy, flavorful alternative to traditional hummus with just the right amount of sweet and spice.
- 3 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2–1 tsp cayenne pepper (use more or less to adjust the heat to your liking)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp water
- 3–4 tbsp pecans (finely chopped in food processor)
- Add pecans to food processor but save a couple for garnish. Pulse till finely chopped. Leave in processor bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to food processor saving water for last. Add the water one tablespoon at a time and pulse until you reach the right consistency. If you like a creamier hummus, just add more water.
- Top with whole or crushed pecans. Serve as a dip for vegetables, tortilla chips or as a spread for a pita sandwich.
- Category: Appetizer, Lunch