My Baked Garlic Tofu Chèvre is a simple solution to an age-old vegan problem: what to do with tofu to make it taste delicious! If you’ve never had anything like this Baked Garlic Tofu Chèvre recipe, you’re in for a real treat!
Have you ever tried Tofu Chèvre? Before I turned Vegan, I had a deep passion for cheese. I devoured it with everything and even ate it by itself smothered with pickle relish. Now that I’ve made the switch, I joyously avoid all things cheese but must admit I sometimes miss the taste. Not anymore! My Baked Garlic Tofu Chèvre tastes even better than the real deal. It’s so decadent, you’ll want to eat it right out of the oven.
This Tofu Chèvre recipe is so easy to prepare, just 10 minutes in the food processor then throw it in the oven and in 30 minutes, you have the most delicious tasting vegan goat cheese you’ve ever tasted! Guaranteed to be an instant hit at your next office party or family dinner.
I actually made the Tofu Chèvre recipe loaf last night and let it chill until this morning. You don’t have to do it this way, but I was busy yesterday and didn’t feel like turning the oven on when I got home. But at 5:30 this morning, I was up and at it in the kitchen and couldn’t wait to try it.
When I first got it out of the oven, I was a little skeptical. It wasn’t as firm as I thought it would be and I was afraid it was going to fall apart when I cut it. And at first it did. So I put it into the refrigerator to chill for a couple of hours while I ran some errands and when I came back, I was pleased to find the loaf was perfectly set and didn’t crumble at all when sliced.
I coupled this Tofu Chèvre with whole wheat toast and some of my homemade Apple Pie Jam that I made last year for the holidays. But it’ll taste great on crackers, in a pita or even on it’s own with a dollop of jam. It was so good I can’t wait to finish this post so I can eat some more!
I’m saving the rest of this delicious Tofu Chèvre for another recipe I’m making today, Beet Tartare. I’ll be posting those pictures and the recipe real soon. Hope you enjoy this! See you in the kitchen.
Baked Garlic Tofu Chèvre
- 1 - 16 oz package tofu extra firm
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
Press the Tofu
- Before you begin you must first press the tofu to remove excess moisture. Slice the tofu in half, length-wise. Lay on clean dishtowel and cover with plastic wrap. Place something heavy over the tofu pieces (I used cans of food) for at least 30 minutes.
To Make the Chèvre
- Place all ingredients in food processor. Pulse until well-blended using a spatula frequently to scrape sides and bottom of processing bowl. The mixture should be smooth and creamy but not liquidy.
- Lay out a long piece of plastic wrap over a cutting board. Spoon mixture onto plastic wrap and fold it over the mixture creating a roll. Smooth the roll with your fingers and place in freezer to chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove roll from plastic wrap and place on baking sheet. Brush roll with thin coat of olive oil.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes until roll starts to turn golden. Remove and let cool before serving.