A delicious and creamy vegan substitute for goat cheese, this Tofu Chèvre is something you’ll make again and again.
- 1 – 16 oz package tofu extra firm
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
Press the Tofu
- Before you begin you must first press the tofu to remove excess moisture. Slice the tofu in half, length-wise. Lay on clean dishtowel and cover with plastic wrap. Place something heavy over the tofu pieces (I used cans of food) for at least 30 minutes.
To Make the Chèvre
- Place all ingredients in food processor. Pulse until well-blended using a spatula frequently to scrape sides and bottom of processing bowl. The mixture should be smooth and creamy but not liquidy.
- Lay out a long piece of plastic wrap over a cutting board. Spoon mixture onto plastic wrap and fold it over the mixture creating a roll. Smooth the roll with your fingers and place in freezer to chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove roll from plastic wrap and place on baking sheet. Brush roll with thin coat of olive oil.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes until roll starts to turn golden. Remove and let cool before serving.
The best way to serve Tofu Chèvre after it finishes baking is to chill for 2 or more hours in refrigerator so that it has a chance to set and doesn’t crumble when you cut it.
- Category: Appetizer
Keywords: tofu chevre, tofu chevre recipe, non-dairy tofu chevre, vegan tofu chevre, vegan tofu chevre recipe