A vegan version of beet tartare made with tofu chevre and candied pecans.
- 8.8 ounces (250 grams) cooked organic beets (coarsely chopped )
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp capers
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 2 handfuls pecans (finely chopped )
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (Grade A)
- arugula lettuce (for garnish)
- 3 slices Tofu Chevre ((https://www.veganvigilanteblog.com/recipe/tofu-chevre/))
- Place chopped beets in medium sized mixing bowl. Add mustard, balsamic vinegar, garlic, capers and chili paste to bowl. Mix thoroughly with spoon. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, pour maple syrup into small skillet. Add pecans and stir until coated. Cook for several minutes until they become aromatic.
- Place about 5 slices of arugula lettuce atop a plate. Fill garnish bowl with beet mixture. Pat down tightly. Invert bowl releasing beet mixture over lettuce.
- Carefully top with Tofu Chevre and then top again with candied pecans. Serve immediately.
- Category: Appetizer