These inexpensive DIY Vegan Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies in a Jar are the perfect, thoughtful gift to give friends and loved ones this holiday season. You’ll find instructions for the gift-giver as well as the recipients and free, printable recipe cards to make this homemade Christmas gift as easy as possible to give and to make.
Items Needed for Gift-Giver
- Quart-size mason jars
- Small ornament (optional)
- Twist tie or string
Ingredients for Jar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegan sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate chips
Ingredients for Gift Recipient
- 3/4 cup softened vegan butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 + cup plant-based milk (add more or less so dough is sticky, not crumbly)
Instructions for Gift Giver
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl. Using a funnel, add mixture to bottom of jar. This is your first layer. Avoid packing down until later. Give it a bit of a shake to ensure the layer appears even.
- Next, create your second layer by pouring the vegan sugar on top of the first layer as evenly as possible. Again, give it a gentle shake so the layer appears even.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg on top of the first two layers and gently press down with back of spoon.
- Spill in the next layer of rolled oats.
- Finish with a layer of cranberries and vegan white chocolate chips.
- Close the lid and decorate with ribbon. If you’d like you can print my free printable labels. See below.
Instructions for Gift Recipient
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper of a silpat mat
- Into a large bowl, pour the contents of the jar. Combine well and set aside.
- Cream the vegan butter, vanilla extract and plant milk until smooth. I used a stand mixer but a hand mixer or fork will do as well.
- Add the butter mixture to the ingredients in the large bowl. Combine well until a dough is formed. The dough should be a little sticky. If it’s too dry, add a bit more plant milk and stir well.
- With a spoon, place a 1.5 inch blob on your baking sheet. I rolled mine in balls, however I didn’t like how uniform they turned out. I think they look better a little jagged if that makes sense??
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, depending on your oven. You’ll know they’re done when the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy!
- When cookies are ready to be removed from oven, they will appear a bit under-cooked. This is normal. Don’t freak out!
- Avoid overcooking by setting your timer to 9 minutes and adding more time as needed.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
- Recipe yields 2 dozen cookies.
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan cookies in a jar, vegan cookies in a jar recipe, christmas cookies in a jar, vegan christmas cookies in a jar, white chocolate, easy, vegan mason jar cookies, cranberry, vegan cookies in a jar gift