A flavorful, stove-top Vegan Garlic Naan made without yeast.
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 tsp vegan sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 large cloves garlic (minced )
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3+ cup water
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil and almond milk and stir with wooden spoon. Add water a little at a time to mixture. Use your hands to knead dough into a large, round ball. Add more water as needed. Dough should be very sticky.
- Add garlic and mix into dough ball with hands.
- Cover with dish towel and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Separate dough into 6 even balls. Sprinkle thin layer of flour onto cutting board. Using a rolling pin, roll out the first ball to 1/16-1/8 inch thick. The thinner the better. Brush both sides with olive oil.
- Heat skillet on high heat. Place dough in skillet and allow to brown. When the dough starts to bubble and puff up, it’s ready to turn. Remove from heat and brush each side with vegan butter. Serve immediately.
- Category: Appetizer, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Indian