The healing properties of fresh oranges, turmeric root and ginger root infuse nicely in this Super Healthy Vegan Orange Julius,
- 1.5 cups fresh squeezed orange juice (store-bought works fine)
- 0.5 cups organic almond milk (I use #Organics)
- 2 med frozen bananas (peel and place in ziplock bag and freeze for 1 hour; for a creamier texture, freeze only 1 banana)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp fresh turmeric (or 1 tsp ground)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sugar in the raw (you can also use Agave Nectar or no sugar at all)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root (peeled; or 1 tsp ground)
- 0.5 tsp orange rind (grated )
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Give it a whirl for a minute or two until bananas are creamy. Pour into two glasses. Garnish with fresh ginger and serve immediately.
For a frostier effect, add a couple of ice cubes to the rest of the ingredients.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American