A vegan parmesan cheese recipe filled with golden sprinkles of delight! This savory, garlicy vegan Parmesan cheese will have you adding it to practically every dish in the universe! Vegan, gluten-free, WFPB, and only 4 ingredients. So simple, you can make it in less than 5 minutes.
Why This Recipe Works
- healthy and nutritious – nutritional yeast is full of essential B vitamins, with the best brands containing B-12, an essential nutrient for vegans because we don’t eat animal products. Read more about the benefits of nutritional yeast.
- quick and easy – 4 ingredients and 2 minutes. That’s all you need to make this recipe.
- taste-friendly – a delicious nutty taste awaits you with every single sprinkle.
- budget-friendly – the entire recipe will set you back about $3-$4.
- equipment-friendly – all you need is a food processor or a high speed blender to make this recipe perfectly.
What You’ll Need
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- cashews – Choose raw, unsalted cashews for best results. I buy 10 lbs of cashews at a time, I use them so much in vegan cooking, especially with sauces and vegan cheeses.
- nutritional yeast – this is a MUST HAVE for this recipe and shouldn’t be omitted or replaced. It gives this vegan parmesan cheese its nutty, cheesy flavor. I use #Bob’sRedMill as I trust this brand completely and it’s labeled as vegan with essential B vitamins, including B-12.
- garlic powder – this ingredient adds extra flavor to this recipe making it simply irresistible.
- sea salt – real parmesan cheese is very salty, so sea salt is an essential ingredient for this vegan parmesan cheese recipe. If you don’t have sea salt, regular table salt is just fine.
How to Make This Recipe Perfectly
Step 1 – add all ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender.
Step 2 – pulse until ingredients are well-blended and have reached the perfect consistency, usually about 1-2 minutes. DO NOT OVERPROCESS.
FAQ About Vegan Parmesan Cheese Recipe
If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a high-speed, or regular blender. If using a regular blender, please note, you may have to blend longer to reach the desired consistency.
Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 6 months. When you’re ready to use, there’s no need to defrost. Just scoop a couple tablespoons out of your container and you’re good to go.
Tips for Making this Recipe
- for best results, use only raw, unsalted cashews.
- to mix it up a bit, try adding 1 tsp onion powder and 1/2 tsp dried parsley or thyme to your food processor before pulsing along with the other ingredients.
- sprinkle on just about everything, including my Tomato Zucchini Tart with Creamy Cashew Cheese, my Vegan Macaroni and Creamy Tomato Cheese, my Vegan Shepherd’s Pie Recipe, and my Walnut Pesto Zoodles with Garlic Cherub Tomatoes.
Related Recipes You’ll Love
Have you tried this recipe? Why not leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card right below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page? I always appreciate your feedback. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter, and sign up for my newsletter!
4-Ingredient Vegan Parmesan Cheese Recipe
- food processor or high speed blender
- 3/4 cup raw cashews unsalted
- 3 tablespoon nutritional yeast organic
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt fine
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Toss all ingredients into a food processor. Pulse for 2-3 minutes until this Vegan Parmesan reaches the desired consistency. Serve immediately.
- For best results, use only raw, unsalted cashews
- As an alternative, try adding 1 tsp onion powder and 1/2 tsp dried parsley or thyme to your other ingredients before pulsing.
- Store in freezer in a tightly sealed container for up to 6 months.