I love all things summer, especially this Creamy Vegan Potato Salad. Nothing goes better with my Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers with Smoky Chipotle Sauce and my Mesquite Grilled Corn on the Cob with Cilantro-Lime-Avocado Cashew Sauce. The three together make for one wicked barbecue.
If you’re like me, you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen in the heat of summer. My Creamy Vegan Potato Salad is so easy to make, that’s what makes it especially appealing. And let’s not forget about the combination of flavors that go into this tasty potato salad recipe. Crispy celery, fresh orange bell pepper, red onion and a hint of dill are just the beginning. All of the ingredients are so fresh and tasty, it’s hard not to eat the entire bowl while you’re making it.
Potato salad recipes are easy to come by, but vegan potato salad is a little bit more tricky to get right. What I love the most about this recipe is that it has just the right amount of tart from the dill and sweet from the pickle relish. Combine that will a hint of acidic flavor from the red wine vinegar and you have a potato salad recipe that is a definite winner.
Whether you’re looking for a Creamy Vegan Potato Salad to take to your next barbecue or a special dish to share at your next office party, this vegan potato salad recipe will be a hit no matter where you take it. Or if you just want to serve it alongside your favorite meal during the week, it makes for an excellent side dish that will pair well with just about anything.
I hope you enjoy this Creamy Vegan Potato Salad as much as Michael and I did. As usual, stay healthy and see you in the kitchen!
- 2 large potatoes Yukon Gold
- 1/2 cup Vegenaise
- 1/2 small red onion finely diced
- 2 stalks celery finely diced
- 1/2 medium orange bell pepper finely diced
- 3 tbsp sweet relish
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 rounded tsp dill
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Peel the potatoes and quarter them, length-wise. Place them in a medium sized pot and boil until fork-tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, finely dice the onion, celery and bell pepper and press the garlic. Place in large bowl.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/2 to 3/4 inch cubes. Add to bowl.
- Add Vegenaise, sweet relish, paprika, dill, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, cumin, sea salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and serve.