Nothing like chopping up some veggies, adding a little vegan Parmesan and tossing it in the oven for a quick and easy vegan dinner. I like this recipe not only because it tastes divine, but because it takes so little time to prepare. Try it and I think you’ll agree that you’ll revisit this recipe again and again, especially when you don’t have a whole lot of time to spend preparing food.Print
For the Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (raw, unsalted)
- 1/2 cup pecans (raw, unsalted)
- 2 tsp sesame oil (toasted)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (fine)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
For the Casserole
- 2 medium sized potatoes (I used Yukon Gold)
- 2 medium sized zucchini
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 2 large cloves garlic (minced)
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
Preparing the Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Add all ingredients to food processor.
- Pulse on high until ingredients are fine and crumbly.
- Set aside.
Preparing the Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop the zucchini into equal sized rounds.
- Chop the potato into bite-sized chunks. Set aside.
- Dice onion.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to fry pan.
- Add onion and minced garlic to pan.
- Cook until onion turns opaque.
- Add spices and stir thoroughly.
- Add zucchini and potato and cook until semi-tender. Avoid cooking until completely tender.
- Pour potato, zucchini and onion mixture into bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese, sea salt and pepper to taste and the remaining olive oil. Stir until vegetables are well coated.
- Place ingredients into a medium-sized casserole dish.
- Top with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Stir thoroughly before serving.
- Serve hot with a side salad and some vegan garlic bread.
- Category: Main Dish