Enjoy swirls of pink and red on Valentine’s Day with this Vegan Sweetheart Smoothie Bowl. Romantic-looking and crazy-good, this breakfast bowl is loaded with nutrient-dense ingredients that are plant-based and cruelty-free. A dreamy, Valentine’s Day go-to smoothie bowl to share with the one you love.
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner I though I’d share my Vegan Sweetheart Smoothie Bowl to give you a vegan breakfast option to serve Valentine’s Day morning. I photographed this recipe yesterday and ended up eating both bowls once the shoot was over. They were delicious. And now I want you to try them to confirm my findings!
Ok, guys, I don’t know why, but I’m a nightmare in the kitchen. Every single time I walk into it, something goes awry. I’ve written about this for the last 5 months since I started the blog; one time I even lit my oil on fire and almost burned my house down! Making this smoothie bowl was no exception. What happened? Well, I placed the berries on a platter in the fridge the night before and when I opened the fridge the next day to take them out, the entire platter slipped out onto the floor scattering berries everywhere. My little critters outside were so happy for this as it gave them food for the day (I have rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, dove, quail and various other birds that come every day to eat breakfast and dinner. Anyway, thank heaven I had more berries or this would have been a total flop.
What’s in This Vegan Sweetheart Smoothie Bowl?
This Vegan Sweetheart Smoothie Bowl is made using Super Blast Frozen Fruit packets from Great Value. Containing only fruit and no preservatives or any other added ingredients, these frosty sweet packets are filled with only mango, dragon fruit (with red fruit inside), Acai and passion fruit. No other additives which means more healthy for you. I must say, I’ve never tried passion fruit before and was delighted it was included in the mix. If you don’t have access to this product, you can freeze about 1/4 cup of each fruit and use it in the smoothie in place of the packets. You’ll need a little extra to use for your toppings, so make sure you purchase enough fruit.
To make this smoothie bowl extra flavorful, I used Organic Heavy Coconut Cream by Let’s Do Organic. The addition of this delicious, non-dairy heavy cream gives this vegan smoothie bowl it’s rich, creamy texture and adds an exotic flavor your taste buds will enjoy.
I love this product for several reasons. First, it’s organic, which is something I always look for when shopping for ingredients to use in my recipes. Second, it’s made with only 2 ingredients: organic coconut and filtered water; pure and natural equals delicious in my book. Third, it’s extremely versatile and ideal for whipped cream, curries, sauces and desserts. You can also use it as a vegan coffee creamer or as a perfect base for soups. You can purchase this product from #EdwardandSons for about $4.99.
(Disclaimer: I was not paid for this post, rather, I was given a free sample of Organic Heavy Coconut Cream in exchange for mentioning the product. I only endorse products I trust and believe in and think my readers would benefit from. Any opinions about the product are my own).
15 Feng Shui Tips for Lovers on Valentine’s Day
Let’s face it, Valentine’s Day can be your favorite romantic holiday filled with passion and eternal feelings of love or it can be your worst nightmare, depending upon what you do and who you do it with. To help build more romance in your relationship, I wanted to share a few of my favorite Feng Shui Love Tips.
I’ve always been fascinated with Feng Shui, the Chinese Art of positioning objects in buildings to encourage entry of positive energy. I use this ancient technique in some of the rooms in my home and just love how it makes me feel when I enter one of them. Feng Shui is said to help in activating romance, luck and a love-filled life. Because we all need more love in our daily lives, I wanted to share some widely believed Feng Shui Love Tips to light a fire in your relationship this Valentine’s Day.
These Feng Shui Love Tips guaranteed to activate more romance in your sluggish relationship:
- Don’t sleep facing the door as it”s supposed to cause problems in the relationship.
- The most important part of the house is the south-west section to improve marital and love relationships. Decorate this area with stones or small rocks.
- You can also hang some beautiful pictures of a mountain with water features on it.
- Those who are single and looking for someone special then they must hang a painting of peonies (Chinese flower of love). The best can be to display items or images that represent the opposite sex.
- A room should always be free from all the cluttered things as it gives more way to positive energies. So, fold your sleeves to clean the room and bring romance in your life.
- Avoid working out in your bedroom as it represents hard work which can easily hinder your romance space.
- Your bedroom doors should always open easily because squeaky or partly opened doors block the romantic energy entering the room.
- All the obstructing material in the path to the room should be cleared out. Also, make sure no fused lights along this route are replaced.
- Hang out pictures indicating love like pairs of birds, silk flowers etc., or a round mirror. These hangings depict an unwinding love and trust for each other. Place these images on the wall facing your feet or the wall which you first see while entering the room.
- Place the bed in a position so that there is equal space around it as the person sleeping against the wall may feel dis-empowered in their love relationship.
- Don’t keep a television in the room.
- A room should have a cozy and close seating arrangement. Chairs or sofas must be put at comfortable angles.
- The room should be properly ventilated so that all old energy gets enough space to move out of the room.
- If a toilet is located on the south-west corner of the room then it will surely hinder your love life. The best way is to hang a five-rod wind chime to get rid off this problem.
- Place an indoor water fountain in the south-west corner of the house. It will surely encourage the relations.
My Confession: I Hate Rejection
If you notice, there are two sets of pictures for this post. In the first set, the berries were placed randomly and I forgot to light the candle. In the second, the berries were placed more strategically and I remembered to light the candle. The results: I LOVED the SECOND SET of PICTURES! Coming from me, that says a lot because I’m really hard on myself when it comes to my food photography. My confession is: I took the second set of pics cause I hate rejection and didn’t think you would like the first set. That said, I’d love to know which pictures you like better? Please let me know in the comment section below.
If you make this special Vegan Sweet Heart Smoothie Bowl, please be sure to take a photo and tag it #veganvigilante1 on Instagram. I’d love to connect with you via social media so please follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. I appreciate you for taking the time to read about me and my vegan recipes. I’d love to hear what you think so please leave your comments after the post. If you have questions or want to share a recipe of your own as a guest blogger, please email me at email@example.com.
I have tons of new vegan recipes swimming around in my head that I’m preparing to share with you. If you’d like to support my work, please sign up for my newsletter so you don’t miss a recipe. Lastly, for more healthy breakfast ideas, visit my Breakfast Section. Please remember you can pin my recipe on Pinterest by just clicking the share button on the picture. Have a wonderful, romantic Valentine’s Day.
Enjoy swirls of pink and red this Valentine’s Day with this Vegan Sweetheart Smoothie Bowl. Made with only 7 ingredients, this amorous concoction only takes a few minutes to make and is also gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
For the Smoothie
- 2 packets frozen smoothie bowl packets (should contain raspberries, Acai and/or red dragonfruit for desired pink color)
- 6.25 oz heavy coconut cream (I use Let’s Do Organic)
- 2 medium frozen bananas (peel and freeze overnight)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
For the Toppings
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp coconut sprinkles (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries (optional, you may not have room)
- Place all smoothie ingredients except almond milk in high speed blender.Add almond milk a little at a time until smoothie reaches your desired consistency. If still too thick, add a little water. Top with fresh fruit and coconut flakes and server immediately.
- To make this Vegan Sweetheart Smoothie Bowl fat free, omit the heavy coconut cream. To reduce the fat content, simply use less.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Cuisine: American