A marriage made in heaven, these Walnut Pesto Zoodles are topped with Garlic Cherub Tomatoes for a taste so bold, even non-vegans will love it.
- 1 batch Vegan Walnut Pesto
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin; divided)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced; divided)
- 8 med zucchini (spiralized)
- 10.5 oz cherub tomatoes
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 0.5 tsp ground black pepper (optional)
For the Walnut Pesto Sauce
- Prepare your Vegan Walnut Pesto recipe by following the instructions for my recipe. Set aside. .
For the Zoodles
- In a large fry pan or wok, heat 1 tsp olive oil and 2 cloves garlic over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add spiralized zucchini noodles, or zoodles, and toss to coat evenly. Cook zoodles only until they are heated through. Don’t overcook. Stir in walnut pesto sauce and coat zoodles evenly. Set aside.
For the Tomatoes
- In a small pan over medium heat, add a tsp of olive oil and 2 cloves garlic. Add tomatoes and stir until evenly coated. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until tomatoes start to burst. Stir every few minutes.
Putting it All Together
- Place zoodles on plates and top with a generous scoop of sauteed cherub tomatoes. Top with Vegan Parmesan, sea salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with spiralized radish and serve immediately.
- Don’t overcook the zoodles or they will wilt. Just cook until heated through.
- Store left over portions of zoodles in bowl filled with water in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To make this oil-free, substitute olive oil for vegetable broth.
- Category: Main Course, Main Dish
- Cuisine: American