A . The perfect for all your summer barbecues. that’s loaded with fresh, healthy veggies and tossed with citrus-fresh
Nothing like fresh, 10-Minute healthy, fresh . It pairs well with my Spicy Jackfruit Taco Recipe that I’ll be making tonight for dinner. This is so easy to make, it takes less than 10 minutes from prep to plate. And I couldn’t be happier with the . The and corn gave it that special sweetness while the (I kept half the seeds in it) gave it the perfect amount of heat. It was so good, I ate some right out of the bowl.
This tasty vegan calls for only 8 ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. Take a look below:
- 1 cup (diced)
- 1 ear of corn or 1 cup f
- Juice from 1
- 1 medium (seeded and finely diced; if you like the heat, leave in some seeds)
- 1/2 medium (finely chopped)
- 1/2 medium orange (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup (finely chopped )
- 2 large cloves garlic (minced )
More about Mangoes
Mangoes are delicious, low calorie fruits that are available all year round. Just one cup yields only 100 calories. Mangoes are also rich in vitamins in minerals, especially Vitamin C. Just one serving provides 76% of the recommended daily allowance.
This flavorful can be added to many a main course. It’s a perfect addition to my Vegan Southwest Salad or you can scoop it on chips, tacos, nachos or enchiladas! I already mentioned that I will be adding it to a special jackfruit taco recipe that I”ll be posting later on today. I can’t wait to add a heaping cup of this delicious and scarf those babies down.
How to Make this Simple Recipe
Steps 1 through 8 above outline how to make this easy . For those who prefer text, here you go:
- Dice how to cut a mango. by making slices while still in the skin and then removing with a spoon or knife. Learn
- If using , remove corn from cob with knife as pictured in step two above. If using frozen, measure out and leave at room temperature while preparing the other ingredients.
- Squeeze over small garnish bowl and set juice aside.
- Dice .
- Chop .
- Dice orange . If you don’t have orange, a or green one will do.
- Coarsely chop .
- Mince or chop garlic.
That’s it folks! Now toss all ingredients into a medium bowl, pour juice of lime on top and mix thoroughly. If you want, you can eat it right away or chill for a couple of hours before serving with your favorite dish. Remember, don’t forget the !
10-Minute Mango and Corn Salsa
- 1 cup fresh mango diced
- 1 ear corn or 1 cup frozen thawed at room temperature
- Juice from 1 large lime
- 1 medium jalapeno seeded or not and finely diced
- 1/2 medium red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 medium orange bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro coarsely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic minced or finely diced
- Dice mango by making slices while still in the skin and them removing with a spoon or knife.
- If using fresh corn, cut with knife from the cob. If using frozen, measure out and leave at room temperature while preparing the other ingredients.
- Squeeze lime over small garnish bowl and set juice aside.
- Dice jalapeno pepper.
- Chop red onion.
- Dice orange bell pepper. If you don’t have orange, a red bell pepper or green one will do.
- Coarsely chop cilantro.
- Mince or chop garlic.
- Now, add all ingredients to a medium bowl and toss with juice of fresh lime. Serve immediately or chill for 2 hours prior to serving.
- Any color bell pepper is fine to use.
- This salsa goes great with tacos, chips, or anything to which you’d like to add flavor.
- Salsa will keep up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge.
- This recipe shouldn’t be frozen. It would probably thaw and become too soggy.
- You may substitute parsley for cilantro.
- If you don’t like the heat of fresh jalapeno, remove the seeds before adding to recipe.