These 7-Ingredient Vegan Almond Balls are made with wholesome, plant-based ingredients and lightly dusted with homemade vegan powdered sugar for the perfect holiday desert.
I’ve been super sick with a nasty cold and literally missed Christmas. In fact, I still have gifts under my tree that will eventually find their way to the friends and family I bought them for.
One recipe I’ve been wanting to veganize for a couple of years now is my mother’s holiday Almond Balls. Before I was vegan, I would wolf these down by the dozens during the holidays, which would always upset my mom because no one else would get any. I was unsure as to how good a veganized version of these tasty snowballs would turn out, but, hungry friends, I’m happy to say they were divine. Check out what you’ll need below!
Ingredients for Vegan Almond Balls
The ingredient list for this recipe is short and sweet as follows:
- Vegan butter
- Homemade vegan powdered sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Blanched almonds
- Sea salt
- Arrowroot or tapioca flour (to make vegan powdered sugar)
How to Make Vegan Almond Balls
Check out how simple these are to make by following the steps below:
- Using a table-top or hand mixer, cream butter until light. Add vanilla and continue to mix.
- Make vegan powdered sugar by adding 1 tbsp. arrowroot powder or tapioca flour to 1/2 cup vegan sugar.
- Add sugar to butter mixture and cream until fluffy.
- Sift flour and sea salt together. Blend into butter mixture.
- Stir in almonds.
- Roll into small balls and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove and allow to cool for 2 minutes. Dip in vegan powdered sugar.
- Dip again into vegan powdered sugar once totally cool.
And that’s all folks!
Tips for Making Vegan Almond Balls
- Use organic vegan sugar for best results. I used coconut sugar and they turned out a little dark inside.
- These will keep in airtight container in fridge for up to 10 days.
- You can freeze extra batter and make at a later date if so desired.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see how it turned out! Be sure to take a photo and tag it #VeganVigilante1 on Instagram.
Have suggestions on how to make these Vegan Almond Balls even better? Please leave some comment love at the end of the post to share with the rest of us!
Looking for more vegan dessert recipes? Check these out:
- Best Ever Vegan Carrot Cake
- Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes w/ Cream Cheese Frosting
Made with wholesome, plant-based ingredients and lightly dusted with homemade vegan powdered sugar, these Vegan Almond Balls are made using only 7 ingredients for a yummy dessert or snack.
- 1 cup vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
- 0.5 cups vegan powdered sugar (recipe below)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 0.75 cup almonds (blended to fine grain)
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder or tapioca flour (for vegan powdered sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In large mixing bowl, cream butter until light.
- Add powdered sugar and cream together until well-blended.
- Sift flour and salt together. Add to creamed mixture and blend thoroughly .
- Stir in almonds.
- Roll into small balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Allow to cool for 2 minutes. Dip in powdered sugar. Allow to cool completely and then dip in powdered sugar one more time.
How to Make Vegan Powdered Sugar
- In high speed blender or coffee grinder, mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar w/ 1 tbsp arrowroot powder or tapioca flour. Be sure to keep some powdered sugar aside to dip vegan almond balls in once baking is complete.
- Category: Dessert