A creamy, rich and decadent Tofu Sour Cream. Serve it on tacos, enchiladas, chili and more.
I have a confession to make. I’ve always had a love affair with sour cream. Whether it be on tacos, enchiladas, chili or served right out of the container, you name it, I’ve put sour cream on it! But now that I’m vegan, creating a vegan sour cream that reminds me of the real deal has been challenging. Getting the right blend of sour and creamy is delicate; it can even be touchy. What’s a vegan food goddess like myself supposed to do? My 10-Minute Tofu Sour Cream just might be the answer.
If you’re looking for a vegan sour cream that’s easy to make and tastes great, this creamy Tofu Sour Cream goes from prep to plate in 10 minutes or less and is actually good for you, too. It pairs well with my Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff and adds a tangy, creamy twist to my One-Pot Vegan Enchiladas, my Smoky Sweet Potato and White Bean Enchiladas and my Kick-Ass Sweet Potato and Persimmon Chili. Ohhhh, and let’s not forget my Spicy Jackfruit Tacos, my Crispy Coconut-Pumpkin Cauliflower Tacos and my Raw Walnut Tacos. This 10-Minute Tofu Sour Cream is rich and creamy with a subtle hint of sweet and sour. It’s a delicious, vegan alternative to real sour cream..
If you make this 10-Minute Tofu Sour Cream, it’s be awesome if you take a photo and tag it #veganvigilante1 on Instagram. If you’d like to connect with me, please follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. I appreciate you for taking the time to read about me and my vegan recipes. I’d love to hear what you think so please leave your comments after the post. If you have questions or want to share a recipe of your own as a guest blogger, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more sauces, condiments and other stuff, please see my Sauces, Dips and Condiments Section.
I have hundreds new vegan recipes swimming in my head at all times. I usually post about 2-3 recipes a week and am always open to suggestions. If you’d like to support my work, please sign up for my newsletter so you never miss a recipe. See you in the kitchen!
A rich and creamy sour cream substitute that will make any dish proud.
- 12 oz (350 grams) tofu (silken works best )
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (approx. 1/2 medium sized lemon)
- 2.5 tsp blue agave nectar (or other natural sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water (use only if needed when using firmer tofu)
- Add all ingredients except water to food processor. Pulse until well-blended, about 3 minutes.
- Add water sparingly, just to get the right consistency. If you use firmer tofu, you will have to use more water and vice versa. Pulse until creamy, about 2 more minutes.
- Serve on your favorite dish. Refrigerate left-overs up to a week.