A healthy fruit salad loaded with fresh, colorful fruit and tossed with a light, lime-maple dressing. Takes only 10 minutes to prepare and is made with only 5 ingredients.
How can a fruit salad recipe get any more delicious? Toss it with my Lime-Maple dressing and you have a serious flavor explosion!
This fruit salad is inspired by three things:
- My fear of kiwi (it’s such a weird, fuzzy little fruit, isn’t it?)
- Being sick for over 2 weeks and wanting something light and healthy to nourish my body.
- My need for something quick and easy to whip up before my next bronchospasm.
This recipe is so easy to make, requiring only 5 ingredients and about 10 minutes to prepare.
And let’s not forget the taste factor here; this fruit salad is seriously delicious. Ripe winter fruit is tossed with a very simple, light and healthy Lime-Maple dressing, a pinch of sea salt and sprinkled with sesame seeds. The bomb!
What You’ll Need for this Recipe
All you need to make this tangy Healthy Fruit Salad are:
- 4 kiwi’s
- 2 bananas
- 2 apples
- a few pomegranate seeds
- a sprinkle of sesame seeds
That’s it. You can use any dressing you have on hand or whip up some of my Lime-Maple dressing which is also super easy to make requiring only 3 ingredients to make.
If you make this recipe be sure to take a photo and tag it #veganvigilanteblog on Instagram. I’d love to connect with you via social media so please follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. I appreciate you for taking the time to read about me and my vegan recipes. I’d love to hear what you think so please leave your comments after the post. If you have questions or want to share a recipe of your own as a guest blogger, please email me at [email protected]
I have tons of new vegan recipes swimming around in my head that I’m preparing to share with you. If you’d like to support my work, please sign up for my newsletter so you don’t miss a recipe. For more healthy salad ideas, visit my Salad Section. Have a wonderful, plant-based day!
Healthy Fruit Salad w/ Lime-Maple Dressing
For the Salad
- 4 kiwi's peeled and sliced or quartered
- 2 bananas peeled and sliced
- 2 apples diced
- 30 pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
For the Lime Maple Dressing
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp Grade A maple syrup depending upon how sweet you like it
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Combine kiwi, bananas and apples in large bowl. In separate bowl combine lime juice, maple syrup and sea salt. Toss fruit with dressing. Top with pomegranate seeds and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Serve immediately.