If you thought cauliflower was boring, think again! This Garlic Mashed Cauliflower Recipe is completely vegan and topped with sautéed mushrooms for an extra savory delight. It is simply heavenly (and very filling too!) Serve it as a main dish with a tasty green salad and a glass of chardonnay and you will be satiated for the rest of the evening. This dish takes about an hour to prepare if you follow the recipe and roast the vegetables and garlic. If you want to speed up the prep time, simply boil the cauliflower instead until tender. Yummy is all I can say! Tip: I use all organic ingredients to make the most out of every meal.
This Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower is topped with sauteed mushrooms for an easy dinner recipe that you’ll revisit time and again. #Vegan #Gluten-free #Refined sugar-free #Dairy-free.
For the Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- 2 whole cauliflowers (de-stemmed and pulled apart in medium-sized pieces)
- 1 whole bulb garlic (peeled but left whole)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- sea salt & pepper (to taste)
Basting for Cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
For the Mushrooms
- 1 8 oz package mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
- 1 large clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary
For the Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218 C°). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix olive oil and garlic powder in a small cup or bowl. Place cauliflower and garlic on baking sheet and brush with thin veil of the olive oil mixture.
- Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes. Turn florets over and cook for another 15-30 minutes until they are fork-tender. Remove cauliflower and garlic and place in large pot.
- Using an immersion blender, start blending the florets. Add vegan butter and continue to blend thoroughly. Add vegetable broth a little at a time until you achieve the perfect consistency. Your cauliflower should have the consistency of mashed potatoes. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
For the Mushrooms
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Add garlic and stir. Add mushrooms and coat evenly. Cook mushrooms on medium heat until wilted, 5-8 minutes.
Putting it All Together
- Place cauliflower in a serving bowl. Top with mushrooms, garnish with fresh rosemary and serve immediately.
- Category: Side Dish